Responsibility for Managing the Plan
Human Resources' Responsibilities
- Administering and interpreting compensation philosophy and policies
- Reviewing all pay adjustments based on external market studies and internal equity
- Monitoring and evaluating compensation administration practices to ensure adherence to Federal and State laws/regulations and the University's Staff Compensation Program
- Partnering with managers and supervisors to provide information and training to employees
- Recommending starting salaries in consultation with the hiring department.
- Consulting with HR in the planning stages of organizational changes which have the potential to impact classification and/or compensation of current employees
- Partnering with HR to provide information and training for employees concerning the University's Compensation Program
- Ensuring that pay action requests can be supported by adequate funding
- Recommending starting salary in consultation with HR and providing appropriate justification for other related costs such as moving, relocation or other special terms of employment
- Recommending pay actions to management
- Gathering and retaining information to support pay actions.
- Participating in HR training regarding compensation and classification to acquire a general knowledge of compensation administration at the University.
- Notifying supervisor of significant changes to position duties, if supervisor is not already aware of these changes.