The First-Year Award indicates recognition by the faculty for outstanding work in the department and related coursework.
Awards and Scholarships
2018 Department Award Recipients
- DIALA AL SHAMASNEH - Physics-Engineering First Year Award - indicates recognition by the faculty for outstanding work in the department and related coursework
- LAURA BRUCE AND STEVAN KRISS- share the Physics-Engineering Sophomore Award - recognition by the faculty for outstanding work in the department and related coursework
- MATTHEW LUBAS - share the Physics-Engineering Departmental Award - based on excellence of performance
- ANGEL VELA DE LA GARZA EVIA - Akins Prize in Engineering - awarded to the student best exemplifying academic excellence, a socially responsible commitment to the greater community, and an enthusiasm for the study of engineering
- ROBOTICS CLUB - Avis P. Waring Scholarship - awarded to a student participating in co-curricular activities connecting academic studies, and service activities or pre-professional experiences
- GILLEN BECK- H. Thomas Williams Jr. Undergraduate Research Scholarship - named in honor of H. Thomas Williams Jr. by the Board of Trustees in 2007, this award is given to a student(s) in recognition of excellence in faculty-directed research
- DANA DROZ- Edith Lemberg Reese and Harold Augustus Reese Sr. Prize in Physics - awarded to graduating senior physics major pursuing a Ph.D. in physics, astronomy or mathematics.
Other Award Opportunities
In addition to Department scholarships and awards, announcements regarding supplemental opportunities for scholarships which come our way are forwarded to students via email.