The Parents Fund
Your Support Matters
The Parents Fund is an important component of the W&L Annual Fund. Current and former non-alumni parents contribute nearly 16% of the Annual Fund total each year through their gifts to the Parents Fund. Since 2010, parent giving at W&L has almost doubled. Current and former non-alumni parents contributed a remarkable $1.52 million to the school last year, and our goal this year is $1.575 million.
Supporters of the Parents Fund help provide an undergraduate experience that continues to set the standard for liberal arts education. When parents and families make gifts to the Parents Fund, the money is used this fiscal year for the university's most pressing priorities: providing small classes, outstanding professors and access to the best academic resources including career development, international experiences, service learning opportunities and much more.
Relevant Information and Upcoming Events
- Visit the W&L Families webpage
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar
- View the Family Connection newsletter archive
- For information on joining the Parents Leadership Council, check out our brochure
- Save the date for Parents Leadership Council Spring Weekend March 16–18, 2023
- Mark your calendar for Parents and Family Weekend October 6–8, 2023
- COVID-19 Resources
- Athletic competitions are back! Check out the composite schedule.
By the Numbers
Frequently Asked Questions
Most private schools have three main sources of funding: tuition, income from the endowment, and annual gifts. Tuition simply does not cover the cost of running a private university. Without the generous support of current and past parents — along with alumni and friends — tuition would be much higher to maintain the full and distinctive W&L experience.
Annual gifts to the Parents Fund are not invested — they are used right now to sustain current year operations and activities that directly impact every student. Annual gifts are the lifeblood of the institution. The Parents Fund contributes almost 16% of the Annual Fund.
When you make a gift to the Parents Fund, it will be joined with the gifts of other parents, and those gifts add up to a remarkable total! In 2021-22, current and past W&L parents donated more than $1.52 million to the Parents Fund. This is a significant endorsement from W&L parents who believe in the mission and direction of the university and support it with their own giving above tuition.
W&L recognizes leadership parent giving through the following groups:
- PLC Circle: Members of the PLC Circle are parents who make an annual gift of $25,000 or more to the Parents Fund (or the Annual Fund for alumni parents).
- Steering Committee: Members of the Steering Committee are parents who make an annual gift of $10,000 or more to the Parents Fund (or the Annual Fund for alumni parents).
- The Parents Leadership Council: The Parents Leadership Council (PLC) includes parents who make an annual gift of $5,000 or more to the Parents Fund.
- The President's Society: Parents (non-alumni and alumni) who give $2,500 or more are recognized as members of The President's Society (TPS).