Rockbridge Chapter Perks
Rockbridge Chapter Perks
Check out all the advantages of being a W&L alum living in the Lexington/Rockbridge County area!
*Please note that due to COVID-19 protocols, University buildings will be restricted to current students, faculty and staff only until further notice.
- Databases: Login to Colonnade Connections required. There are four databases available to alumni and all are provided by the Friends of the Library at W&L. Academic Search Alumni Edition, Business Source Alumni Edition, Project Muse, and JSTOR.
- Checking out books: Alumni must complete a registration form at Leyburn Library Information Desk. There is four week loan period. More info at the Library services page. Local alums can join the Friends of the Library for more access.
- Local alumni also have access to the Law Library and can use the facility to meet with clients, perform a negotiation or take a deposition. Visit the Law Alumni page for more information.
- Outing Club: Alumni have access to the Outing Club Barn and can check out equipment. Call first to check availability: (540) 458-4066 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fitness Center & Natatorium: Alumni living in Rockbridge County can obtain a new privilege access card for a onetime fee of $5 to cover the card and printing costs ($20 to replacement charge). This is a plastic swipe card to be able to access the Fitness Center and the Natatorium when they are open. The card is only good for the card holder. A liability waiver is required each year (June 1) to keep the card activated. The waiver can be obtained at the Main Office (next to the Fitness Center).
- Living in Rockbridge, alumni have easy access to all the speakers, performances and events on campus, including Alumni College in the summer. Alumni can sign up for campus notices - a daily digest of what's going on at W&L and the community.
- University Chapel: Alumni can reserve the University Chapel for a wedding at the W&L community price of $1000 instead of the Lexington/Rockbridge County price of $1500.
- W&L Dining facilities: The eateries on campus: The Marketplace, Café 77, Hillel E-café, the Tea Room in CGL, Fieldside at Third Year Housing, and Brief Stop at the Law School are all open to the public.
- Auditing a Course: Local alumni and community members have the ability to audit W&L courses at "no record, no charge" only with the permission of the instructor. (The informal audit practice is a "no record, no charge" activity, whereby students obtain permission from the instructor to attend a class and participate at a level deemed appropriate by the faculty member.)