You're Always Welcome
Alumni Engagement’s mission is to connect alumni with each other, with W&L, and to provide interesting avenues for lifelong learning. While we can’t be together in person, we want you to have the latest highlights of our programming.
- Check out our brand new W&L Podcast: After Class!
- Students will be welcomed back for the fall semester, but fall sports have been cancelled.
- Five Star Festival, out of an abundance of caution for the health of our Five Star Generals, has been postponed from October 2020 to March 4 – 6, 2021 and will coincide with the 2021 Institute for Honor.
- Due to the University’s strict no visitors policy for the fall semester, we must cancel Young Alumni Weekend, which was scheduled for October 30-31, 2020. We look forward to welcoming you back to campus next October for Young Alumni Weekend 2021.
- W&L has a new virtual book club! Join over 650 other alumni here.
- We recently honored “unsung hero” alumni chapter volunteers with the Chapter Service Volunteer Awards. Check out the complete list of honorees.
- We are working with campus partners in hopes of finding the right time to reschedule part of or all of Alumni Weekend 2020.
- Lifelong Learning trips have been canceled or postponed until 2021.
- Alumni College 2020 has been rescheduled for July 2021.
- Several weeks ago, we asked W&L faculty what books they’d take with them to a desert island – their response was overwhelming!
- In-person chapter events are canceled until further notice, but we are working to create some virtual offerings until we can gather again!
Let's Celebrate Together
On Campus or in Your Hometown
Education Never Gets Old
Office of Lifelong Learning
Your W&L Online Community
Alumni EngagementThe staff of the Office of Alumni Engagement provides programming and support for W&L alumni.
Beau Dudley Executive Director of Alumni Engagement
Beau Dudley is W&L class of 1974 and 1979 law, when he was president of the student body executive committee. He was the president of the Alumni Association 1992-1993, and a University Trustee 1998-2006. He came to W&L in 2006 from a distinguished legal career as a business litigation partner with McGuire Woods, LLP in the Washington, D.C. area offices.
Ruth Candler Assistant Director of Lifelong Learning
Ruth joined Washington and Lee's Office of Lifelong Learning in April, 2019. Prior to this position, she managed the Class Secretary Program for University Development. She has held a number of marketing and managerial positions in the publishing and graphic arts industries. From 2004 to 2011, she was director of marketing for Brain, Child: The Magazine for Thinking Mothers, an award-winning literary magazine. Ruth and her husband John Paul reside in Lexington and have two grown children.
Sarah Hugg Centorino Alumni Engagement and Affinity Reunion Officer
Born and raised in New Orleans, Sarah Hugg Centorino graduated from Washington and Lee University in 2014 with a BA in English and a minor in Philosophy. She then earned her MS in Commerce with a Concentration in Marketing from the University of Virginia in 2015. Sarah worked in digital marketing and public relations before returning to W&L.
Rob Fure Director of Lifelong Learning
Robert Fure, director of lifelong learning, joined the W&L faculty in 1977 after earning his M.A. and Ph.D. in English and American literature from the University of California, Berkeley. In 1981, he designed an administrative structure for non-traditional educational programs at W&L and was soon asked to oversee its implementation. In 1982, he established the W&L Alumni College and in 1985 the W&L Traveller program
Emily King Administrative Assistant for Lifelong Learning
Emily King joined the Office of Lifelong Learning in 2019 following four years working in Development at Washington and Lee University. Growing up in southern Colorado and spending most of her twenties in Europe, Emily has a diverse background in ESL teaching, customer service and project management, and higher education. Emily lives in Lexington with her husband, Elliott, their twin daughters, and their two cats.
Tom Lovell Senior Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
A member of the W&L Class of 1991, Tom Lovell was drawn to serving the University professionally through service as co-president of the San Diego and Northeast Ohio W&L alumni chapters. Prior to returning to Lexington, he was vice president of sales and marketing at VRC Manufacturing Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio, and an analyst with SAIC in San Diego, CA.
Kelly Martone Administrative Assistant for Alumni Engagement
Kelly is the Administrative Assistant for the Alumni Engagement Office. She is the primary point of contact for external parties calling the office, liaison for the Alumni Board, and performs numerous clerical and administrative tasks.
Molly Myers Assistant Director of Digital Communications for Alumni Engagement
Molly is the Assistant Director of Digital Communications for Alumni Engagement. Prior to W&L, she held communications positions at the University of Georgia and Cornell University. A native of Dayton, Ohio, Molly graduated from the College of Wooster in 2003 and earned her master’s at UGA in 2005. Molly lives with her husband and son in Lexington.
Mary Webster Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
Mary is from Charlotte, NC. She graduated from The University of the South in Sewanee, TN in 1993 with a degree in religion. She has served as a church youth director, worked in donor relations at Sewanee’s development office, and been a teacher and director at Shenandoah Preschool in Lexington. She and her family have lived in Lexington since 2002.
Rosa Weeks Administrative Assistant for Alumni Engagement
Rosa is a resident of Lexington, VA, and is an administrative assistant for the office.