It is the aim of the Physical Education program to enhance the physical, motor, mental and social development of all students. It is the purpose of the Physical Education department to offer programs which are designed to meet the varying skill and ability levels of the student population.
Specific objectives of the Physical Education program are to:
- develop basic motor skills through a wide variety of activities,
- promote physical fitness through activities which condition the organic systems of the body,
- understand the rules, techniques and strategies involved in physical activities and games,
- encourage social efficiency and good human relations through physical activities,
- acquire an appreciation of and respect for good health and well being which is promoted through participation in lifetime physical activities.
News & Announcements
Monday, March 27, 2017
Still looking for a Spring PE class?
If you are still looking for a Spring PE class we have spots available in the following classes. Contact the instructor or Neil Cunningham in the PE office. As a reminder classes meet Mon-Thu and the class must fit with your Spring 4 credit class. 8:30-10am: PE 111 Aerobic Swimming PE 154 Aerobic Running PE…
Thursday, February 11, 2016
300 LEVEL PE CLASSES
Did you know that in addition to 100 and 200 level FDR classes we also have some 300 level electives in our department? PE 301: Philosophy and Techniques of Coaching. A course that looks at the theory and practical nature of coaching. Classes on coaching philosophy, coaching style, leadership, sportsmanship, recruiting, solving real coaching…
Tuesday, February 09, 2016
Here’s To Another 100 Years!
Did you know that Washington and Lee started PE in 1915? The PE department was formed in an attempt to teach students about physical education and health and hygiene. We are all proud of our PE department and its many diverse offerings. The hardest thing is choosing what to take. If you love team sports…