EAS Opportunities in East Asian Studies Study Abroad, Internships, and other opportunities for East Asian Studies
- Scholarships Available to Study Intensive Chinese or Japanese at Washington University in St. Louis this Summer with the ALLEX Foundation
- Study Abroad programs in Asia, approved by W&L and listed in our Center for International Education website.
- KCP International Japanese Language School (Summer Applications Due in March): Information & Application
- Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (Due in March): Information & Application
- Temple University Education Abroad (Fall Applications Due in April): Information & Application
- Student Paper Competition: Undergraduate student paper prize for current students and 2016 graduates. Cash prize, registration and lodging for the 2017 annual conference, and publication in ASIANetwork Exchange: A Journal for Asian Studies in the Liberal Arts.
- Student Poster Sessions: Still accepting submissions for the 2017 Annual Conference.
- Summer Faculty Development Program: Provides a three-week 2017 summer faculty development trip to Indonesia
- Student Faculty Fellows Program: Provides up to $45,000 to support a project that includes a 2017 summer trip to Asia for 1 or 2 faculty members and 4 to 6 students. Open to all academic disciplines
- Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow: Provides $40,000/year to each of the selected colleges as partial support for the hiring of a teaching fellow for one or two years (2017-19) and an additional $1,000 stipend to the fellow's mentor.
2017 Annual Asia Network Conference: April 7 - 9, 2017, Chicago. Conference theme: “Digital and Beyond: Ways of Knowing Asia."
Note: Not all programs listed are approved by EALL for language credit. Students interested in Japanese or Chinese language credit for study abroad should speak to the appropriate EALL Professor. For a list of EALL-endorsed programs, please see the EALL Page.