Bryant is currently Vice President - Geology for Wells Fargo Securities' Acquisition and Divestiture Advisory Group. In this role he helps advise clients on the oil and gas upstream A&D market, executes both buyside and sellside processes, and helps to generate new business for the group. Previously Bryant was an Earth Scientist and Project Manager at Chevron in the Delaware Basin (Texas/New Mexico). Before Chevron he was a Geologist at Chesapeake Energy where he was an Area Geologist and Geologist in the Eagle Ford. Bryant graduated from Rice University with an MBA (2015), San Diego State University with an M.S. in Geology (2010), and from W&L with a BA in Geology (Environmental Studies concentration) in 2008. Bryant has served as Global Chair of Student Chapters for the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and currently serves as Vice Chair of AAPG's Investment Committee.
Earth/Environmental Science and Sustainability
Explore careers in the environmental field by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
A career in the environmental field often requires a scientific resume which can highlight skills such as research. Check out scientific resume examples on Handshake.
- AG Careers - Jobs and internships in agriculture, food, and biotechnology
- USDA - Jobs and internships with the Department of Agriculture
- Clean Energy Jobs - Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Department of Energy - Fellowships, internships, and mentoring in STEM
- Earthworks - Jobs in all facets of earth science and energy
- Get into Energy - A non-profit organization, CEWD's goal is to build awareness among students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors and others about the fantastic career opportunities available in the energy industry.
- Green Energy Jobs - Brings recruiters and employers together, with job seekers who are looking for a career in the renewable energy industry.
- Nuclear Energy Institute
- Oil Industry
- Renewable Energy World - Source for renewable energy news, products, jobs and more.
- Solar Energy
Environment & Conservation
- CEI Internship Book
- Coolworks - Outdoor and wilderness jobs and summer opportunities
- Eco Employ - Jobs for natural, green, and science opportunities
- Eco Jobs - Green and environmental jobs and internships
- Eco.org - Jobs and internships with green/eco employers
- Environmental Career
- Environmental Careers Organization - Environmental and science opportunities in the outdoors. ECO is probably the most respected environmental internship program in the U.S. Every year ECO places more than 750 students in paid internships with 98 organizations in 35 states and 3 U.S. territories.
- Environmental Jobs
- EPA - Jobs and internships with the Environmental Protection Agency
- Green Jobs
- International Institute for Sustainable Development - Opportunities in various sustainability areas with a job IISD mailing list
- National Park Service - Jobs and internships with the NPS
- Net Impact - Jobs and internships in various environmental fields
- Society for Conservation Biology - Jobs in conservation efforts
- US Forest Service - Jobs and internships with the USFS
- American Geophysical Union
- Earthworks - Jobs in all facets of earth, science and energy
- Geojobs - Opportunities in geology and GIS
- Geological Society of America
- NOAA - Internships and fellowships at NOAA
- US Geological Survey
- A BAR A Ranch - Opportunities include & are not limited to: culinary/food, children counselor, housekeeper, gardener, grounds crew, and fishing guide.
- American Explorers - Youth-based outdoor leadership program for nonprofit groups.
- Backdoor Jobs - Job board with listings organized by geographic location
- CoolWorks - Job board organized by category, state, and season, also includes national parks jobs
- Moondance - Adventure trips for teens, they hire trip leaders for summer trips to locations worldwide
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists - AAPG was reestablished as a way for students interested in geology to get involved and explore their desire to pursue a career in the petroleum industry. They aim to provide students the opportunity to develop leadership skills and serve as a focal point for developing a feeling of professionalism through meeting industry representatives.
- Environmental Studies Program Opportunities
- Geology Department Resources
- SEAL - The Student Environmental Action League supports sustainability on campus and within the local community, increases student awareness of environmental issues, and takes the initiative towards preserving, researching, and ultimately enjoying our natural environment.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with professionals. Below are alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource to you. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.