Our campus is located in the heart of downtown Lexington and is easily explored on foot.
Maps and Directions
Maps and Directions
Affectionately dubbed “Lex Vegas” by students and locals, Lexington is frequently listed among the mid-Atlantic’s best small towns. From upscale eateries to casual burger joints, hand-crafted ice cream to Italian coffee, art galleries to boutiques, it has plenty of amenities and entertainment options for everyone.
Outside Lexington, the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains provide a scenic playground for hikers, cyclists, climbers, paddlers and fly fishers, and the Outing Club is the most popular club on campus.
Lexington is ideally located. Charlottesville and Roanoke are within about an hour's drive of campus and Washington, D.C. is just three hours away.
- From the North, South, or East: Follow I-81 to exit 191 (which puts you onto I-64). Next, take exit 55 off I-64. Turn left onto Route 11 south at the stop sign.
- From the West: take I-64 to exit 55. Turn right on Route 11 south at the stop sign. Once you are on Route 11 south, you will drive through three stoplights. After the third stoplight, you will cross the Maury River, and bear right onto Route 11 Business. You will pass Virginia Military Institute (VMI).
- Undergraduate Admissions: Take the first right after VMI onto Letcher Avenue. Parking for visitors to the undergraduate Office of Admissions is available on Letcher Avenue, directly in front of the Gilliam Admissions House. Parking passes are required and are available in the Admissions Office.
- Law Admissions: Make a right on Nelson Street. Go through one light and at the bottom of the hill you will go under an overpass with the Lenfest Center on your left. Turn right onto East Denny Circle. Go approximately 1/4 mile and the Law School is on your left. There is visitor parking on your left. If the visitor parking is full, you are welcome to park in any space, other than those reserved for handicapped, in the law school lot. The Office of Admissions is on Level 4 of the law school building.
- Other Campus Visitors: After you pass VMI, you will see W&L on your right. Parking is available in the Lee Chapel lot on Jefferson Street. Remain in the right lane and look for the brick entrance to the parking lot.
- Additional Visitor Parking: Visitor parking is also available on the first floor of the Nelson St. garage. To enter, continue on Jefferson St./Route 11 Business to Nelson St., turn right, and look for the parking deck entrance on East Denny Circle.
Lexington is within easy driving distance of several regional and national airports.
- Roanoke (ROA): One hour
- Charlottesville (CHO): One hour and 15 minutes
- Richmond (RIC): Two hours
- Dulles (IAD): Three and a half hours
AMTRAK: The nearest railway stations are in Staunton (45 minutes away) and Charlottesville (1 hour 15 minutes away). 1-800-USA-RAIL
- Virginia Breeze: The Virginia Breeze is an intercity bus service connecting Blacksburg, Virginia, with Union Station in Washington, D.C. The daily route includes several stops in the New River Valley, Shenandoah Valley (including Lexington) and Northern Virginia.
- NYC Shuttle: Megabus runs a shuttle service from Charlottesville to New York City with up to four departures per day.
- Greyhound: Closest stations are Roanoke (1 hour) and Charlottesville (1 hour, 15 min). 1-800-231-2222