Verification of Enrollment and Degree Status
The University Registrar's Office is responsible for certifying student enrollment and degree status. The University Registrar maintains both past and present student records but cannot verify future enrollment. Students are not considered Washington and Lee students unless they are currently enrolled at W&L.
Student Self-Service Verification
Students can access enrollment verification services with the National Student Clearinghouse through their secure and trusted site (go to WebAdvisor). Access is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Through the Clearinghouse, students can:
- Obtain an enrollment certificate to print and mail to a health insurer, credit issuers, or other company that requests your proof of enrollment.
- View specific information about your student loans.
- View your student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to your loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
- View your enrollment history on file with the Clearinghouse.
- View the proof(s) of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to your health insurers and other providers of student services or products.
- Link to real-time student loan information (e.g. outstanding principal, next payment due, etc.)
To utilize this service, use the secure login to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) located in the WebAdvisor Student menu. At the NSC web site, follow the login and menu instructions.
Students can also access NSC information on checking their enrollment and student load information at the NSC My Student Center website.
The National Student Clearinghouse, a non-profit association founded by the higher education community, streamlines the student record verification process for colleges and universities, current and former students, lending institutions, employers, and other organizations. The Clearinghouse maintains a comprehensive electronic registry of student records that provides a single, highly automated point-of-contact for organizations and individuals requiring timely, accurate verification of student enrollment, degree, and loan data.
Students can request enrollment verifications in person by coming the University Registrar's Office in Early-Fielding during normal business hours. Certification letters are usually prepared within 24 hours.
If the enrollment verification requires the completion of a form where grade-point average information is required, your request must include your signed release. For verifications to the Department of Motor Vehicles, which require a letter and official transcript, be sure to also request a paper transcript.
*Note: We will officially certify your enrollment only for the term(s) in which you are actually enrolled. Enrollments for a future term are processed after the first day of the new term. We only indicate "anticipated enrollment" for future terms if a verification needs to be sent prior to the start of term.
There is no fee for this service.
address: University Registrar's Office
Attn: Joanna Smith
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450