Welcome, with Information about W&L Registration
Washington and Lee University
June 26, 2018
Welcome to W&L...
... from all of us in the University Registrar's office. We look forward to working with you in the coming weeks, over the next four years, and as alumni.
What does the Registrar do? We maintain and protect your W&L student record, certify your enrollment and grades, track your requirements for graduation, and help you with class registration. That's what you want to know about, eh? -- how to register for fall classes. Read on...
W&L's First-Years (FYs) register for fall classes during Orientation week. In early September, you will learn the mechanics of registration, meet with your faculty adviser, and register for your fall courses. You don't have to learn how to register and pick classes this summer. However, review the course offering list to see all of the great classes W&L has to offer this fall.
We’ll send you emails through out the summer, to let you know more about how to check your incoming credits, matriculate (check in), and eventually register for classes. Use your W&L email address to receive these.
Now is the Time!
- Have your Advanced Placement (AP) scores sent directly to W&L. We do not accept student copies or the unofficial postings on the high school transcript. See information at go.wlu.edu/ AP.
- Do you have International Baccalaureate credit? Have your IB scores reported to W&L. See the information at go.wlu.edu/IB.
- Did you complete college-level work either during high school or this summer? Complete the First-Year Student Credit Transfer Request form available through the GHQ. This form, official transcripts from the other college, and each course's syllabus, must be received by August 15 in order for us to get the information into your record prior to registration.
- Explore the academic catalog at catalog.wlu.edu. It’s the 'golden source' for course descriptions and requirements for majors and minors, as well as the faculty's requirements for graduation and numerous W&L policies and procedures with which you should familiarize yourself.
- Still want more? Explore our website at registrar.wlu.edu for many more links to resources about the academic program, including Foundation and Distribution Requirements ("FDRs", the basic graduation requirements) and other policies and advice.
Feel free to email us anytime at email@example.com and be sure to read email from us through the year from your W&L account. We post deadlines and info on Campus Notices that can come directly to your email; and you can follow our office Facebook and Twitter accounts, where we post changes to registration and reminders about various deadlines during the year.
Scott Dittman, Barbara Rowe, Debbie Alden, Karen Hite, Joanna Smith
University Registrar's Office
Washington and Lee University
em: firstname.lastname@example.org web: registrar.wlu.edu
tel: 540.458.8455 fax: 540.458.8045