PLC Steering Committee
The PLC Steering Committee leads the way in giving. This group of families from across the country comes together to serve as class co-chairs and to give and solicit leadership-level gifts for the Parents Fund.
The Parents Fund depends on peer-to-peer outreach to achieve our annual fundraising goals. The role that Parents Leadership Council members play in encouraging fellow parents to give simply cannot be matched. Sharing personal motivations for supporting the Parents Fund inspires others to follow these examples of leadership. Our volunteers are also instrumental in creating a sense of community among W&L parents in their local areas.
The duties of the PLC Steering Committee or class co-chairs are as follows:
- Support the Parents Fund with a gift of $10,000 or more
- Help identify and recommend new PLC volunteers and donors
- Approve and sign appeal letters to fellow class parents as needed
- Encourage the support of other parents through limited solicitation calls as needed
- Advise the senior director of parent giving on making participation in the Parents Leadership Council as effective and enjoyable as possible
- Share ideas for raising awareness and enthusiasm for the Parents Fund
When possible, class co-chairs will also:
- Attend a brief meeting for the PLC Steering Committee during Parents Weekend
- Attend the PLC Spring Weekend
- Host or attend regional events for Washington and Lee students and parents-especially New Family Welcome Receptions that occur in communities throughout the country in June of each year.
PLC Steering Committee members meet with Provost Marc Conner during Parents Weekend