Parents Leadership Council Steering Committee
The Parents Leadership Council Steering Committee leads the way in parent giving. This generous group of families from across the country come together to serve as class co-chairs and to make impactful leadership gifts to the Parents Fund. Each year W&L recruits several co-chairs from each class who serve as philanthropic ambassadors and advisors. The steering committee is led by our PLC Chairs, Kamela and Steve Krouskos P'16, '17, '21.
Members of the Steering Committee have opportunities to become more deeply engaged with W&L and to interact more closely with W&L's senior administration and get an insider's look at the school; all while forming friendships and bonds with fellow parents that often lead to wonderful networking opportunities for parents and their students.
The Parents Fund depends on outreach to acheive our annual fundraising goals. The role that Parents Leadership Council Steering Committee members play in encouraging fellow parents to give simply cannot be matched. Sharing personal motivations for supporting the Parents Fund inspires others to follow these examples of leadership. Our co-chairs are instrumental in creating a sense of community among W&L parents in their local areas.
PLC Steering Committee members are asked to:
- Support the Parents Fund with a gift of $10,000 or more
- Help identify and recommend new PLC members
- Encourage other families to join the PLC or become Class Co-Chairs
- Advise the Director of Parent Giving to help make the Parents Leadership Council as effective and enjoyable as possible
- Share ideas for raising awareness and enthusiasm for the Parents Fund
When possible, class co-chairs will also:
- Attend the PLC Reception and The President's Society Breakfast during fall Parents Weekend
- Network with new families during events to encourage participation and giving
- Host or attend regional events for potential Washington and Lee students and families - especially New Family Welcome Receptions that occur in communities throughout the country in June of each year.
- Make Welcome Calls to the families of incoming students and answer questions they may have before their students arrive on campus.
PLC Steering Committee members meet with Provost Marc Conner during Parents Weekend