Location: 11 N Jefferson Street (Former Culinary House Location)
Coed: By Room
Room Types: Singles
*Air Conditioning: No
On-Site Laundry Room: Yes
Assigned: by Application
The Sankofa house is committed to providing a residential and social space for solidarity amongst students of the African diaspora and their allies, community activism for voices that have traditionally been silenced and lacked representation, and consistently seeking revelations of truth in our communities and histories.
Each Bedroom Contains:
one twin XL (extra long) bed with mattress per resident
one wooden desk per resident
one desk chair per resident
one dresser per resident (4 drawers)
one closet per resident
XFINITY On CampusTM is included with on-campus housing!
*Note: Window Air Conditioning units require annual approval by the Student Health Center. See Upper-Division FAQs for specific guidelines pertaining to Window A/C approvals and installations.
- Active participation in house events and programming
- No minimum GPA at this time
Expectations of Residents:
- Participate and help coordinate activities
- Commit to respect and learn from fellow residents
- No smoking in or within 50 yards of the house
- Must follow University Alcohol Policy
Questions? Contact Tammy Futrell, Associate Dean of Students and Dean of Seniors