Washington and Lee University offers summer housing to undergraduate students who are engaged in faculty research or other campus work. Students requesting housing for other reasons may apply, but preference will be given to those working on campus.
- Enrolled undergraduate student
- Engaged in faculty research or other campus work
- Abide by policies at all times as set forth in the Summer Housing Agreement and Student Handbook
Summer Housing Dates: June 1 - July 31
Location: Village Apartments (four person occupancy; all single bedrooms)
Cost: 2019 Summer Room Rate: $130/week
Summer housing charges will be calculated by the number of days assigned to summer housing based on the $130 weekly rate. Student accounts will be billed in August
Application & Selection
- Summer Housing Applications are now CLOSED
- Online Application Deadline: Sunday, May 5,
- Application Review: Monday, May 6
- Decisions and housing assignments announced (via W&L email) Friday, May 10
- Summer Housing Applications must be cancelled on or before Friday, May 17 to avoid a $50 cancellation fee. No-shows on move-in day and cancellation after Friday, May 17 with result in a $50 cancellation fee.
Village apartment amenities include:
Full kitchen including dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator and oven/range
There are limited dining options on campus during the summer months. All dining facilities will be closed between 5/24/19 and 5/27/219. Cafe 77 will be open from 8:00am to 2:00pm from 5/28/19 - 5/31/19, closed for 6/1/19 and 6/2/19 then open again from 8:00am to 2:00pm 6/3/19 - 6/719. The Marketplace will reopen 6/6/19. Please see the Dining Service Hours webpage for updates.
Meal plans are NOT available during the summer. Please contact Jen Hickey (email@example.com) with any dining related questions.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Special Events will manage all other campus housing utilized by summer camps, as well as alumni and guest programs.