Location and Hours
AddressUniversity Counseling Center
204 W. Washington St.
Lexington, VA 24459
Hours of Operation
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, when undergraduate classes are in session.
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, when undergraduate classes are not in session.
- Closed from 12 Noon -1 PM daily for lunch.
- Closed during Thanksgiving break, during Winter break, and during the summer from mid-June to mid-August.
- Contact Student Health Center at 540-458-8401 or Public Safety at 540-458-8889 to reach the counselor on-call.
- Rockbridge Community Services Board: 463-3141.
- Proceed to Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital or call 911.
Scheduling an Appointment
If you wish to schedule an appointment please come to the Counseling Center during regular hours of operation, call 540-458-8590 to speak to our administrative assistant, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . If you leave a voice message or send an e-mail please make sure to include your contact information and availability. If you are a new client you will need to complete our New Client Registration Form and submit that for review before an intake appointment will be scheduled.
For students who prefer to go off-campus for counseling or mental health treatment, private practice clinicians are available in the community. These providers may or may not participate in health insurance plans. Any costs associated with such care are the responsibility of the student. Please be aware that the University Counseling Center operates under the same legal standards of confidentiality as private practitioners. In cases where academic function is affected by mental health issues, coordination of possible academic adjustments or other academic planning (with a student's permission) is often easier when treatment is received on-campus with clinicians who are familiar with W&L's academic processes. Please contact the University Counseling Center by phone or e-mail if you would like a list of private practice counselors and therapists in the Lexington area.