The Parents Orientation sessions occur on August 25 and August 31, providing family members with a foundation of basic information, the opportunity to interact with key administrators and answers to any questions. Both sessions are identical, so there is no need to attend both. Attendance is optional and parents are welcome to attend whichever day is most convenient for them. Dress for Parents Orientation is informal and relaxed since these are move-in days.
- 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM ~ President's Welcome to Parents, Lenfest Center, Keller Theater
- 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM ~ Academic Panel for Parents, Lenfest Center, Keller Theater
- 3:15 PM - 3:30 PM ~ Parent Reception/Q&A, Lenfest Center, Kamen Gallery
- 3:30 PM - 4:15 PM ~ Student Affairs Panel for Parents, Lenfest Center, Wilson Theater
- 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM ~ Q&A/Parent Reception, Lenfest Center, Kamen Gallery
Sunday, August 25, 2019 ~ Move-In for The Leading Edge Participants
Leading Edge participants will pick up their room keys outside of the residence halls. W&L upper-division students will assist you and your family. You and your family will attend a welcome, after which you will say a final goodbye as you begin your Leading Edge program and your family is encouraged to attend the Parents Orientation. Your trip may not leave campus until the following morning, but you are expected to be with your trip leaders all afternoon and evening. You will return to campus on Friday, August 30, 2019 in time for a Leading Edge dinner with fellow participants and trip leaders.
Saturday, August 31, 2019 ~ Move-In & Check-In for all First-Year and New Students
Students will pick up their room keys from the table in Washington Street Park. W&L upper-division students will assist you and your family with the move-in process. The afternoon is your opportunity to relax while families are encouraged to attend the Parents Orientation.