Perspectives is a quick and interactive way to familiarize incoming students with several resources they should utilize early and often at W&L. Instead of sitting through a panel presentation, upper-division students lead incoming students on a walking tour.
- Campus Recreation explains athletic facilities for recreational use, group fitness classes, intramurals, sport clubs, etc.
- Student Health and Counseling explains Student Health Center services, Counseling services, health promotion, etc.
- Global Service House explains the Campus Kitchen, other service initiatives, opportunities for service, etc.
- International Education explains study abroad, curriculum infusion, etc.
- Academic Help Centers explains the Math Center, Writing Center, Peer Tutoring, etc.
- Career Development explains the many services they offer appropriate for FYs, etc.
Physically stepping foot in these locations and hearing from the University employees and upper-division students representing them will increase understanding, comfort level and likelihood to utilize the resources.