The Canadian Rockies August 3 - 9, 2017
Dear W&L Alumni, Parents, and Friends,
I'm pleased to invite you to join our peak-season summer journey to the magnificent Canadian Rockies. Daily excursions through this spectacular region of North America will offer unforgettable wonders: the serene beauty of the mountains looming above Banff and Jasper, the crystalline waters of Lake Louise and Maligne Lake, and the stunning glaciers of the Columbia Icefields. We'll relax at legendary resorts including Fairmont Jasper Park, Fairmont Banff Springs, and Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Each resort offers a full range of outdoor activities: canoeing, golf, or walking trails for the fresh alpine air, mountain landscapes, and occasional glimpses of wildlife indigenous to the Rockies.
Space is limited. Our special rates for the W&L Traveller on this departure represents a significant savings (more than $800 per couple) over those paid by non-affiliated guests, so we encourage your early registration. You may also want to consider our optional extension, a two-day trip by rail on the Rocky Mountaineer to Victoria. Please feel free to share this brochure with family and friends who may be interested in traveling with you. Please reserve by calling (540) 458-8723 or by returning the enclosed reservation form.
We look forward to traveling with you,
Rob Fure, Director of W&L Traveller
Tucked away in the most breathtaking corners of the majestic Canadian Rockies are the legendary resorts of Lake Louise, Jasper, and Banff. Head north to experience the humbling proportions and famed beauty of Canada's mountain landscapes as you revel in the opulence, history, and hospitality of its most celebrated lodges.
|1||Aug 3||R||Arrive in Calgary; Welcome Reception||Westin Calgary|
|2||Aug 4||B, D||Calgary/Lake Louise; Guided tour of Calgary, Moraine Lake, afternoon at leisure—perhaps take a canoe excursion, walk along the lake, or relax with travel companions at the hotel||Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise|
|3||Aug 5||B, D||Lake Louise/Icefields Parkway/Jasper; Scenic drive, Peyto Lake, Ice Explorer ride, Jasper National Park||Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge|
|4||Aug 6||B||Jasper/Maligne Lake; Narrated cruise to Spirit Island, afternoon at leisure—enjoy an optional float trip on the Athabasca River, or stroll through the specialty stores in Jasper||Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge|
|5||Aug 7||B||Jasper/Banff; Athabasca Falls, Yoho National Park, evening at leisure||Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel|
|6||Aug 8||B, D||Banff; Banff Gondola ride, Tunnel Mountain, historical hotel tour, wine tasting, afternoon at leisure, special farewell dinner||Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel|
|7||Aug 9||B||Banff/Depart Calgary|
Your Expedition Leader: From identifying a wildflower to describing the formation of the Columbia Icefield, the company and keen eyes of an expert Orbridge Expedition Leader will make all the difference. Enriched by their expertise, you’ll bring home a deeper understanding of the flora, fauna, cultural history, and natural characteristics of the Canadian Rockies—to go with your beautiful photographs, of course.
Activity Level: Guests should be able to enjoy outdoor walking on uneven ground, be sure-footed on frozen or ice-covered terrain, get in and out of a motor coach without assistance, and be able to manage stairs. Maximum elevation: 7,705 ft.
- Westin Calgary: Enjoy the well-appointed rooms and easy access to downtown in this comfortable and newly-renovated hotel.
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise: Situated in one of the world’s most breathtaking settings, Chateau Lake Louise evokes a sense of timeless beauty, warmth, intimacy, comfort, and Old World charm.
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge: This rustic lodge offers mountain-inspired atmosphere, outdoor activities, and, located in beautiful Jasper National Park, an extraordinary setting for enjoying nature’s beauty.
- Fairmont Banff Springs: Surrounded by lush greenery, this 19th-century structure features turrets, stonework, salons, quintessential decor, and excellent service.
Deluxe Accommodations: Room upgrades are available at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, and Fairmont Banff Springs. At Chateau Lake Louise and Banff Springs, upgrades are to scenic view guest rooms. At Jasper Park Lodge, upgrade is to Lakeview Junior Suite. Upgrade availability is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Discover the epic natural beauty of Canada’s Banff National Park, overnighting at beautiful Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
- Admire stunning views of alpine meadows, waterfalls, and glaciers along the Icefields Parkway.
- At Peyto Lake, discover what’s considered the best view in Canada.
- Ride a specially designed Ice Explorer onto the Columbia Icefield to photograph and walk the glacier.
- Enjoy the fresh mountain air, forest trails, and panoramic vistas at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
- Marvel at the unparalleled scenery during a narrated cruise on the glacial blue waters of Maligne Lake.
- Ascend Sulphur Mountain on a scenic gondola ride.
- Discover luxurious comforts in the pristine wilderness at Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
- 6 nights accommodations
- a welcome reception
- meals including 6 breakfasts and 3 dinners
- private deluxe motor coach transportation
- full guiding services of an Orbridge Expedition Leader
- all gratuities
- airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times
Optional Extension: Banff to Vancouver by Rail
See the sights from glass-domed seating aboard the Rocky Mountaineer as you traverse the Continental Divide along Kicking Horse River, Shuswap Lake, and Fraser Canyon, ending in the sparkling city of Vancouver.
|7||Aug 9||B, L||Banff/Rocky Mountaineer/Kamloops; This morning, board the Rocky Mountaineer to travel by rail over the Continental Divide and along Kicking Horse River. Enjoy the vistas as you continue westward to Shuswap Lake with its thousand miles of shoreline. Tonight, enjoy free time in Kamloops.|
|8||Aug 10||B, L||Kamloops/Rocky Mountaineer/Vancouver; Back aboard the Rocky Mountaineer, pass through the fertile Thompson Valley and the Fraser Canyon. Arrive early evening to Vancouver.|
|9||Aug 11||B||Vancouver; With a day at leisure, take time to explore beautiful Vancouver, perhaps venturing to the waterfront, Chinatown, or Stanley Park. You may also choose to participate in one of the offered optional excursions.|
|10||Aug 12||B||Depart Vancouver|
- Rocky Mountaineer rail transport with upgraded SilverLeaf or GoldLeaf Service.
- SilverLeaf Service: Car includes oversized windows, reclining dome-level seats, and seat-side food service.
- GoldLeaf Service: Car includes full-length panoramic windows, reclining dome-level seats that rotate to accommodate groups of four, exclusive access to the dining room, and a full galley kitchen offering a gourmet menu with hot food.
- One night accommodations in Kamloops (hotel determined by Rocky Mountaineer).
- Two nights at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel (or similar) in Vancouver.
- Breakfast each morning and two lunches.
- Access to a local host in Vancouver to assist with your plans, all gratuities, and airport transfers for guests on suggested flights.
- Day Trip to Victoria
- Sightseeing Tour to Grouse Mountain
- Sunset Dinner Cruise in Vancouver
Not all excursions listed may be available. Availability is subject to sufficient participation, weather conditions, seasonal suitability and group interests.
The Fine Print
For complete Terms & Conditions, visit http://terms.orbridge.com.
Registration, Deposits and Final Payment
To confirm and secure your reservation, a deposit of $850 per person per program, a deposit for any extension(s), and any non-refundable advanced payments, payable by check, online check/ACH, money order, wire transfer of same day U.S. funds, or major credit card, is due at the time of registration. Final payment, including any extension(s) and optional(s), is payable by check, online check/ACH, money order, or wire transfer of same day U.S. funds ONLY and due no later than 90 days prior to the scheduled program departure date. If your reservation is made fewer than 90 days prior to departure, the entire cost of the program, including any extension(s) and optional(s), is due at the time of registration by check, money order, or wire transfer of same day U.S. funds ONLY. If final payment is not received by Orbridge at least 90 days prior to the scheduled program departure date, Orbridge may, at any time and with or without notice, cancel your reservation in its sole discretion with no right of refund. All payments we receive from you are herein defined as “Payments.”
Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellations must be submitted to Orbridge in writing and will be subject to a cancellation fee (“Cancellation Fee”) as follows:
- if the cancellation notice is received by Orbridge 275 or more calendar days prior to the scheduled departure date, all deposits will be fully refunded;
- if the cancellation notice is received by Orbridge between 274 and 151 days prior to the scheduled departure date, the Cancellation Fee will be $500 per person per program and $300 per person per program for extensions;
- if the cancellation notice is received by Orbridge between 150 and 91 days prior to the scheduled departure date the Cancellation Fee will be the full deposit per person per program including any extension;
- if the cancellation notice is received by Orbridge 90 or fewer days prior to the scheduled departure date, the Cancellation Fee will be the full program price.
In addition to and not in lieu of the foregoing, a Cancellation Fee equal to 100% of the carrier charge applies to all non-refundable airfares due to your cancellation made at any time prior to the scheduled program departure date, as applicable. Refunds, if any, of any Payments in excess of the aggregate Cancellation Fee shall be processed within 30 calendar days of our receipt of your written notice.