Prior to the Internship
By February 14:
- Accept the offer letter and return the Participation Agreement
- Sign up for a meeting with Fran Elrod through W&L's online classroom program, Sakai **Instructions to access Sakai will be emailed directly to students.
- Connect with other Shepherd interns on Facebook
February 14 - March 7:
- Meet with Fran Elrod to finalize top three internship preferences.
- Attend pre-orientation session(s) with SP staff and Career Development Office
By April 17:
- Student receives email notification of internship placement
- Initiate and complete a phone interview with the agency mentor
- Notify Fran Elrod when the interview is complete, confirming a 'match'
By May 15:
- In conversation with the agency mentor, draft a Community Learning Agreement to set learning goals and objectives and finalize logistical details pertaining to your internship
Additional activities prior to June:
- Map your commute to work using google maps or other commuter apps
- Communicate with interns assigned to the same city (find each other on FB)
Friday, June 2, 3-8 pm Conference check-in at Marymount University in Arlington, VA
Friday & Saturday, June 2-3 Opening Conference
Sunday, June 4 Travel to internship city and check into housing
Monday, June 5 - Friday, July 28 Internship
Friday, July 28 Check-in at W&L
Saturday & Monday, July 30-31 Conference check-in Closing Conference & Symposium