Prior to the Internship
By February 14:
- Accept the offer letter and return the Participation Agreement
- Sign up for a meeting with Fran Elrod through W&L's online classroom program, Sakai **Instructions to access Sakai will be emailed directly to students.
- Connect with other Shepherd interns on Facebook
Mid-February - Early March:
- Meet with Fran Elrod to finalize top three internship preferences.
- Attend pre-orientation session(s) with SP staff and Career Development Office
By April 17:
- Student receives email notification of internship placement
- Initiate and complete a phone interview with the agency mentor
- Notify Fran Elrod when the interview is complete, confirming a 'match'
By April 25:
- In conversation with the agency mentor, draft a Community Learning Agreement to set learning goals and objectives and finalize logistical details pertaining to your internship and mail a copy to Amy DeHart in the SHECP office.
Additional activities prior to May 15:
- Map your commute to work using google maps or other commuter apps
- Communicate with interns assigned to the same city (find each other on FB)
Friday, June 6-8 Conference at Marymount University in Arlington, VA
Sunday, June 9 Travel to internship city and check into housing
Monday, June 10 - Friday, August 2 Internship
Saturday & Sunday, Aug. 3 &4 Closing Conference (location TBD)