Partner agencies work with the alumni coordinator in their city and the Elrod Fellowship coordinator at Washington and Lee to connect with talented, young alumni who wish to apply for a position with their organization.
The Elrod Fellowship connects non-profit, for-profit and government organizations that address significant social problems with a pool of highly-qualified and committed young professionals with an interest in learning more about the public sector. Fellowships last one to two years, depending on the needs of the employer.
Benefits to Partner Organizations
- The Elrod Fellowship program eliminates the need to recruit and advertise for entry-level, professional positions.
- Your organization will get the opportunity to interview several motivated, well-educated candidates and will have access to an ongoing stream of candidates each year.
- Your organization will engage in a relationship with Washington and Lee alumni in your community.
- You can market your program and network with other service agencies through Elrod Fellowship programming.
- If a W&L graduate doesn't meet your needs, you will have access to other young professionals through The Alumni Network, which places students in Washington, DC.
Elrod Fellowship Interest Areas:
- Community Development
- Environmental Justice
- Group Advocacy
- Public Health
- Immigration/International Issues
- Legal Services
- Women's Issues
- Youth Services