University Collections of Art and History Advisory
University Collections of Art and History (UCAH) Advisory Committee is typically composed of the Director of UCAH, the Curators of Ceramics and UCAH, a faculty representative from the Department of Art and Art History, and other appropriate members designated by the Provost, which may include the Dean of The College (or designee), the Vice President for University Advancement (or designee), representatives from both Law and the Undergraduate Libraries, and other faculty representatives as required from relevant disciplines. Duties include:
- Assist with oversight of the mission and scope of collections
- Recommend policy and practice for collections development and collection management.
- Review objects proposed for acquisition and make recommendations regarding acceptance and disposition.
- Review all objects recommended for deaccession and formally recommend deaccessions to the Provost or President for final approval, as directed in the Collections Policy.
- Review proposed incoming and outgoing loans
- Advise on educational programming
- Advocate on behalf of UCAH as an academic resource within the university community.
Erich Uffelman, Chair
Ex Officio Members:
- Thomas Camden, Head of Special Collections, University Library
- Gwyn Campbell, Associate Dean of The College
- Ronald Fuchs, Curator, Reeves Collection
- Patricia Hobbs, Associate Director, University Collections of Art and History
- Nancy McIntyre, Senior Director of Development (for The College)
- Caroline Osborne, Director of the Law Library
- Lucy Wilkins, Director, University Collections and Lee Chapel and Museum
Members, alternating two-year appointments:
- Adam Schwartz - 2016-2018
- Erich Uffelman - 2016-2018
- Julie Youngman - 2016-2018
- Rebecca Benefiel - 2017-2020
- Christa Bowden - 2017-2020
- Michael Laughy - 2017-2020