- Who do we want to be?
- Do we have curricular and extra-curricular opportunities to advance our mission?
- What knowledge, skills, and experience must our students have?
- What are our positive distinctions?
- How can we maximize these comparative advantages?
- Do we have opportunities to develop new, meaningful advantages?
- What are our weaknesses and how can we overcome them?
- Which higher education trends do we need to consider as we think about W&L's future?
- What does it mean to provide an excellent liberal arts education in the 21st century?
- How can we maximize the mutual benefit of the College and the Williams School?
The Williams School
- What is the relationship between liberal and pre-professional education?
- How can we maximize the mutual benefit of the Williams School and the College?
The School of Law
- What does it mean to be a great law school at a small liberal arts university?
- What is distinctive about W&L's law school and how can we emphasize these distinctions?
- How can we maximize the mutual benefit of the law school and the undergraduate schools?
Admissions and Financial Aid
- Who do our students need to be to fulfill our mission and benefit society in the 21st century?
- How can we recruit the student body we need?
- Which financial resources do we require and how can we deploy them most effectively?
- What is the optimal undergraduate enrollment?
- How can we maximize the educational potential of residential life?
- How can we support student thriving, both within and outside the Greek system?
- How can we best support the varied professional aspirations of our students?
- How do we define athletic success at W&L?
- How can athletics help us recruit the student body we seek?
- Would different competition help us achieve our university goals?
- How do we want to position ourselves on tuition and why?
- What level of endowment and annual giving will we need to support our aspirations?
- Which facilities are most in need of improvement to advance our mission?
- What are the tradeoffs between affordability, curriculum, compensation, operations, facilities?
Diversity and Inclusion
- Which characteristics do we seek in our students, faculty and staff?
- How can we recruit and retain the students, faculty, and staff we seek?
- How can we support the thriving of our students and employees?
- How can we best structure interdisciplinary programs for success?
- Which criteria should we use to determine where to invest our academic resources?
- Which forms of international education have the greatest impact on our mission?
- How can current and emerging technology enhance our educational mission?
- How do we define success in sustainability at W&L?
- How can we tell the W&L story most effectively?
- How can we best convey the value of liberal arts education; small schools; W&L?
- How do we want to talk about our history?