Director of Institutional History Search
In August 2018, President Dudley announced the creation of a new position for a Director of Institutional History at Washington and Lee.
Reporting to the President as part of the administrative cabinet, the inaugural Director of Institutional History will lead the process of envisioning and developing a museum to explore the University's history and its many connections to American history, and to create dynamic educational programming for the campus community and the public.
A national search is being conducted by a seven-member committee, with support from Susan VanGilder, partner in the executive search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates:
- Chair: Brant Hellwig, Dean of the School of Law
- George Bent, The Sidney Gause Childress Professor of Art and Art History
- Lena Hill, Dean of the College and Professor of English
- Lucas Morel, Department Head and Professor of Politics
- Barton Myers, Associate Professor of History
- Sally Stone Richmond, Vice President of Admissions and Financial Aid
- Jessica Willett '95, Executive Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Questions and Comments:
The search committee welcomes comments and nominations for this position. Watch this page for announcements and other search news. Please use the comment form to submit your feedback to the committee, and email nominations directly to our search consultant at WLDirectorIH@storbecksearch.com.