About the Program
It is the aim of the Physical Education program to enhance the physical, motor, mental and social development of all students. It is the purpose of the Physical Education department to offer programs which are designed to meet the varying skill and ability levels of the student population.
Specific objectives of the Physical Education program are to:
- develop basic motor skills through a wide variety of activities,
- promote physical fitness through activities which condition the organic systems of the body,
- understand the rules, techniques and strategies involved in physical activities and games,
- encourage social efficiency and good human relations through physical activities,
- acquire an appreciation of and respect for good health and well being which is promoted through participation in lifetime physical activities.