LGBTQ Resource Center
The mission of the Washington and Lee University Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Resource Center is to affirm the existence and development of LGBTQ individuals at W&L, and to support a strong and welcoming community among them and allies within the larger institution.
The Center works to diminish the prejudice that limits the educational experience and safety of LGBTQ community members and others within the university. The Center provides an open, diverse, and safe environment in which all members of the W&L community may explore sexual and gender identity issues and serves as a focal point for campus LGBTQ resources, services, and programs. The Center contributes to the University's commitment to intellectual exploration, diversity, and responsible leadership, and upholds the University's values of honor, integrity, and civility. We constantly strive to meet our mission through:
- Providing a safe space for students to socialize, study, and access resources
- Organizing and hosting programs and social/support groups
- Advocating for the needs and concerns of LGBTQ students
- Empowering students through leadership development
- Educating the campus community about issues of sexual orientation and gender identity