Scheduling and Reservations
Please read through these materials carefully after reviewing the Facility Use Policy.
To check the availability of a date and time, please call the Chapel office, Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Scheduling an Event in Lee Chapel
- The Lee Chapel & Museum is open daily for public tours between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM (4 PM in the winter), except Sunday, when doors open at 1:00 PM. Whenever possible, use of the auditorium will be restricted during operating hours to ensure visitor access to the main floor exhibition space.
- Requests made by an Internal Group or a Sponsored Group to use University Facilities for Major Events must be made at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of the Major Event.
- Major university events, including First Year Orientation, convocations and academic ceremonies, honor hearings, alumni events, weddings and emergencies will continue to take precedence over public tours.
- To ensure a positive museum experience for public visitors, group tours will be scheduled in no less than one hour increments; time must be allotted between group tours to accommodate individual visitors.
- The Chapel will remain in use for public tours up to 15 minutes before the scheduled event, unless otherwise indicated, and tours will resume immediately after the event ends. The Chapel Auditorium will not close all day, except for special university events, weather events or at the discretion of the Site Manager.
- All requests are considered on a first come first serve basis. Requests must be submitted online using a Reservation Request Form, available on our Forms page.
- If you area student or employee of the University, please select the "Internal Group Reservation Form". If not, then select the "Sponsored Group Reservation Form" and the "Sponsored Group Protocol Form." Once submitted, the reservation form will be sent directly to our office. Please mail the Sponsored Group Protocol Form by campus mail or the post office to: Lee Chapel & Museum, 11 University Place Lexington, VA 24450. Once this form is received along with your check (if applicable) your reservation is confirmed.
- Confirmation of your reservation for use of Lee Chapel will be e-mailed upon receipt of the Reservation Form, the signed General Use Protocol Form, and subsequent verification that there are no conflicts. Please do not assume the date and times are firm until confirmation has been made.
- We suggest that your request be made no less than two weeks prior to the scheduled event.
Guidelines and Restrictions
Because of fire codes and the historic nature of the building, there are a number of restrictions which must be observed. For information on permitted uses, equipment, safety issues and other relevant materials, please see our Guidelines and Restrictions page.
If a reservation is canceled, a minimum of 24 hours notice to the Lee Chapel Office is requested. If applicable, fees will be refunded, with the exception of a $50 administrative fee.