Andrea Lepage Associate Professor of Art History
May 2008 - Ph.D. in History of Art and Architecture
Dissertation title: "The Arts of the Franciscan Colegio de San Andrés in Quito: A Process of Cultural Reformation"
May 2001 - M.A. in History of Art and Architecture
Qualifying Paper: "Myth of South American Liberator, Simón Bolívar"
May 1998 - B.A. cum laude, with highest honors in Art History
Honors Thesis: "Colonial Hybrid Art and Architecture of the Americas"
- Contemporary Chicana/o and U.S. Latina/o art
- Modern Latin American art
- Colonial Latin American art
- Arts of Mesoamerica and the Andes
- Early Modern European art (Italian, Spanish, Dutch)
- Lepage, Andrea. “Reconstructing the Curriculum at El Taller Siqueiros, c. 1977: Judith Baca’s ‘Intensive Course in Mural Painting in Cuernavaca.’” In BACA: Art, Collaboration and Mural Making, ed. Mario Ontiveros, foreword Judith F. Baca. Los Angeles: Angel City Press, 2017.
- Lepage, Andrea. “The Great Wall of Los Angeles: Bridging Divides and Mitigating Cultural Erasure,” The Latin Americanist 61, volume 3 (September 2017): 361-384.
- Lepage, Andrea. “Multiple Ways of Knowing: Layers of History on The Great Wall of Los Angeles.” In Anthropology of Los Angeles: Place and Agency in an Urban Setting, ed. Jenny Bahn with Melissa King, 149–176. Lexington, KY: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.: 2017.
- Lepage, Andrea. “The Pachuco Makes a Stand: Xavier Tavera’s Stills and Motion.” In Xavier Tavera: Stills and Motion, 2–42. Sioux Falls, SD: Center for Western Studies, 2017.
- Kerin, Melissa R. and Andrea Lepage. “De-Centering ‘The’ Survey: The Value of Multiple Introductory Surveys to Art History.” Art History Pedagogy & Practice 1, no. 1 (2016). http://academicworks.cuny.edu/ahpp/vol1/iss1/3.
- Lepage, Andrea. "Invisible Threat: Vincent Valdez's The Strangest Fruit." In Vincent Valdez's The Strangest Fruit. Waynesboro, VA: McClung Companies, 2015.
- Lepage, Andrea. "Art and the Counter Reformation." In Ashgate Research Companion to the Counter-Reformation, edited by Alexandra Bamji, Geert H. Janssen, and Mary Laven, 373-394. London: Ashgate, 2013.
- Lepage, Andrea. "El arte de la conversión: modelos educativos del Colegio de San Andrés de Quito," trans. Alexandra Kennedy Troya, Procesos 25 (2007).
- Lepage, Andrea. "Isabel de Cisneros in Her Own Role." In Woman and Art in Early Modern Latin America, eds. Kellen McIntyre and Richard Philips, 395-418 (Leiden, Brill Academic Press, 2006).