Welcome to the internship website
You're just a few clicks away from much of the information you'll need to get a Journalism, or a Strategic Communication internship.
However, to get final approval (or if you need more help) call or email intern coordinator Pam Luecke: firstname.lastname@example.org, 458-8435.
Why We Think Internships Are Important:
An internship is required for Journalism, Business Journalism and Strategic Communication majors. But regardless of your major, internships are a crucial experience. Looking for internships gives you job-search skills. They help you apply what you've learned in classes to a profession. They test your interest in a field and your preparedness for the workplace. They introduce you to people who can help you find a job after graduation. They get you out into the real world.
- Getting credit and other rules: click here
- Special intern scholarships for W&L students: click here
- Help with resumes and cover letters: click here
- W&L Career Development: click here
Please refer to the Internship Database for specific opportunities in Journalism and Mass Communications including:
- News services
- Business outlets
- Misc. (publishing, foundations, publications, etc.)
- Misc. (foundations, organizations, etc.)