What is it?
- Standard landline phone service for faculty and staff includes:
- Local and long-distance dialing.
- Speakerphone capabilities on most handsets.
- W&L internal caller ID.
- Built-in address book.
- Voicemail integrated with e-mail.
- Conference call.
- Speed dial, hold, transfer and other features.
- Cell phones for faculty and staff, subject to approval of department head, may be provided; contact ITS for more information.
- Also see phone conferencing options.
Who can use it?
Faculty and staff.
How much does it cost?
- University-provided for business-related calls only.
- Personal long-distance calls: inform ITS of time, date, phone number called.
- Additional handsets may be requested; departments are charged a one-time fee for the handset as well as an annual operating fee.
How do I get it?
- Handsets are provided in faculty and staff offices and in many shared locations.
- Request additional handsets: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and specify location, department, and phone type (personal handset or speakerphone designed for conference rooms).
Also see Related How-To Articles in box above.