SharePoint is a Web-based tool primarily for internal collaboration among W&L faculty and staff. It features highly customizable sites for sharing files and calendars and includes these components:
- Departments and Programs - all academic and administrative departments, as well as interdisciplinary programs, have automatically created sites for their use
- Committees and Organizations - these sites are created upon request
- Ad Hoc Collaboration - sites for temporary or long-term collaboration, such as spring term planning, budget planning and search committees, are created upon request
Primarily faculty and staff. Sites for students are created upon request.
How do I get it?
- Use W&L network credentials to log in at sharepoint.wlu.edu
- To request a new site for committees and organizations or ad hoc collaboration, e-mail email@example.com and specify: purpose of the site, the full name of the person who will maintain the site, the names of members who need access to the site and the access rights needed (e.g. (read-only or read-write-add-delete) by those members