How do I make a request?
- Use this form or call Call Mark Keeley (x8843) or Jeff Overholtzer (x8440).
Be prepared to answer these questions:
- Description: What new or enhanced capabilities are you seeking? What benefit will these capabilities provide to your department and the University? You do not need to identify specific technologies or software at this stage
- Sponsor: Who is the sponsor for the project? Typically, this is a department head, Dean or senior-level administrator
- Requested Completion Date: What is the preferred date for the project to be completed?
- Related Projects: Are you aware of similar projects that are under way or desired by other departments? You want wish to review the list of current ITS projects (W&L log-in required)
What assistance does ITS provide?
ITS works with faculty, staff and students to identify and clarify needs for projects, and to help implement approved projects. The project management process is flexible, but may include:
- Discussion and consulting to help clients describe current workflows and processes and identify needed changes.
- Defining, with client, specific project outcomes and schedule.
- Coordinating with University stakeholders such as Office of General Counsel and Office of the Treasurer.
- Developing capital budget requests in support of projects.
- Identifying and engaging qualified vendors through Request for Information and Request for Proposal process (PDF)
- Scheduling approved projects and allocating ITS resources for those projects.
Who can you use it?
Faculty, staff and students.
How much does it cost?