Network File Storage: Instructions for Students with Windows 10 Personal ComputerPrint
Here are instructions for connecting to H:Drive (private network file storage) on a personally owned Windows 10 computer. See also Network File Storage FAQ.
Note:In order to connect to your H:Drive from your personal computer, you must be connected to the WLU network (either through wireless, an Ethernet connection, or a VPN).
1.Open File Explorer
2. Click on This PC
3. Click on the Computer Tab
4. Click on Map Network Drive
5. At the dialog box that appears:
a.Select H:for the drive
b.In the folder field type:\\mfsacad1\AcadStuHome1\YEAR\USERNAME
- Year–should be your 4-digit class year
- Username –should be your id
- An example would be Jane Doe, class of 2019 1. \\mfsacad1\AcadStuHome1\2019\doej19
c. Check "reconnect at sign-in";
d. Check "Connect using different credentials";
6. In the network credentials dialog box enter the following information
- (USERNAME is your WLU username)
- (Your WLU Password)
c.Checkmark “remember my credentials” if you don’t want to have to type in your credentials every time your drive connects.