Gaming and Personal Electronics FAQPrint
Can I use my gaming device on the W&L wireless network?
Yes, just register it following the steps below.
How do I register my personal electronics (including gaming devices) so that they can be used on the W&L wireless network?
- Find your Media Access Control (MAC) address
- Turn your device off and unplug - removing power for at least 30 minutes prior to registration
- Fill out the self-registration by following these steps:
- Wait 2 hours
- Attach to the WLU network
Why is my game device not working?
Game devices such as the Xbox 360 and Wii and other special-purpose network devices such as the Roku do not function on the secure wireless network until you register them for use (see above).
What electronic devices can I connect to the wireless network?
- Apple TV
- Nintendo DS
- Other devices with a MAC Address
How do I get additional help or support?
For additional assistance, contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at (540) 458-4357 (HELP) or send an email with your question to email@example.com