Duo Multi-Factor Authentication Enrollment Step-by-step instructions to enroll using Duo multi-factor authenticationPrint
In order to protect your email account from hackers ITS is implementing Duo Multifactor Authentication. Allow yourself 10-15 minutes to complete this process; once started, it must be completed or you'll lose access to email. If you have any questions about this process or encounter difficulties, please contact the Information Desk at 540-458-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duo Enrollment and Setup
- Download the Duo Mobile app now to use your Phone or Tablet for dual authentication:
- From any computer go to: https://go.wlu.edu/DuoRequest and log in using your W&L username and password.
- Review your personal information (see example below). If it's correct, select the check box to acknowledge the Acceptable Use Policy and then click the Submit Request button.
- Go to: https://duoselfservice.wlu.edu and log in.
- Follow the additional steps as prompted. These include:
- Selecting your phone type
- Entering your phone number
- Acknowledging the Duo Mobile app has been installed
- Follow the directions to Open Duo Mobile. You may be prompted to allow the app to access your camera phone.
- Click Continue after scanning the barcode.
- You will be presented with an Enrollment Successful screen.
- Click the Dismiss button.
- You may now select a method to receive push notices from Duo. ITS recommends selecting Automatically send this device a Duo Push.
Verify Your Enrollment Worked!
- To verify everything is working properly:
- Close and reopen your browser and go to: https://duoselfservice.wlu.edu
- Log in and select "Send Me a Push"
- Respond to the push recevied via the Duo app on your phone.
- If the resulting screen display your device and settings, your verification was successful!
- If you cannot log in to the W&L Duo Portal, contact the Help Desk immediately at 540/458-4357
What Else Should I Know Now?
- You may need to recreate any email accounts you had set up on your phone or tablet.
- You may not Immediately experience a Duo prompt for email on every device (computer, phone, tablet) where email is already running, but all of your accounts will eventually ask for Duo authentication
- Two last, but very important, notes:
- If you ever receive a DUO prompt when you are confident you did not initiate a log in attempt, select DENY!
- For now enrolling protects your Office 365 access only. Box and other systems, will be added in the future