From Dropbox to DrivePrint
If you currently have your files in Dropbox but wish to move them to Google Drive, you are not alone. Drive offers many benefits including unlimited storage and easy access. Fortunately, this process is easy and straight forward.
- If you have not done so you should install Google Drive. Detailed instructions can be found here.
- Organize your files so that none are forgotten.
Getting your files from Dropbox:
1. Open your dropbox client and navigate to the Files tab.
2. Select the files and folders that you would like to transfer by clicking on the checkboxes.
3. Click the "..." button in the upper righthand corner. Then, select download.
4. Wait for your files to be downloaded from Dropbox. This may take several minutes.
Adding your files to Google Drive:
1. Go to your downloads and find the folder titled "Dropbox"
2. Copy and paste the Dropbox titled folder into google drive. To do this, first go to the My Drive section.
3. Finally, drag and drop your Dropbox folder into MyDrive.
You should now have a copy of your files in Google Drive.
Need additional help? Contact the ITS Help Desk(540.458.4357 or email@example.com)