Stratasys uPrint SE
The uPrint SE is powered by Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) technology and uses ABSplus thermoplastic to create complex and durable objects.
- Watch an informational video about the uPrint SE
- View a user manual
- Sign up for GrabCAD Print, Stratasys's 3D print preparation (a.k.a. "slicing") software. (Slicing software slices a CAD model into thin layers, and then writes the instructions for a 3D printer to lay down material for each layer.)
What is Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)?
FDM is a filament-based technology where a temperature-controlled head extrudes a thermoplastic material layer by layer onto a build platform. A support structure is created where needed and built in a water-soluble material.
Ideal applications for FDM
- Low-volume production of complex end-use parts
- Prototypes for form, fit and function testing
- Prototypes directly constructed in production materials
Examples of Objects Made on the uPrint SE