Performance Cycle Calendar
PDP Annual Calendar of Activities
Beginning-of-Year Window is open: November 1 - April 30
- Employees and supervisors may begin to set goals for the upcoming calendar-year performance cycle on November 1.
- A deadline for completion earlier than April 30 may be set by Supervisors, Directors, VPs and Deans.
- Drafts goals.
- Reviews competencies.
- Submits PDP to supervisor for approval of goals.
- Approves goals and advances PDP to Mid-Year by clicking the "submit" button.
Mid-Year Window is open: May 1 - October 31(optional)
Note: Documentation is OPTIONAL at mid-year unless employee has deficient performance from the prior year, in which case, the employee must have a performance improvement plan consisting of specified goals and competencies, documented feedback from supervisor regarding demonstrated improvement or lack of improvement and a mid-year conversation between the supervisor and employee to clarify expectations
- Employees and supervisors may begin their mid-year assessments on May 1.
- A deadline for completion earlier than October 31 may be set by Supervisors, Directors, VPs and Deans.
- Completes self-assessment by adding comments related to goals and competencies
- Submits to supervisor for review
- Completes comments regarding employee performance related to goals and competencies
- Has conversation with employee and advances PDP to Year-End by clicking the "submit" button
Year-End Window: November 1 - January 15 (required)
- Employees and supervisors may begin their year-end assessments on November 1.
- A deadline for completion earlier than January 15 may be set by Supervisors, Directors, VPs and Deans.
- Completes optional self-ratings for goals and competencies.
- Completes optional overall comments for goals and competencies.
- Submits to supervisor for review.
- Completes ratings for goals and competencies.
- Completes overall comments for goals and competencies.
- Selects overall performance rating.
- Prior to conversation with employee, submits PDP to manager for approval.
Conversation Window: After Manager Approval
- Supervisors may begin performance conversations with their employees after receiving notification of approval from their VP or the Provost.
- Conducts performance conversation with employee and adds any performance information.
- Has option to add post-review comments to the PDP.
- Marks PDP complete and enters date of conversation.
5 Point Rating Scale
Exceptional Performer - Far exceeds all expectations. Serves as role model in nearly all aspects of job performance, achieving highest levels of performance in both what was achieved and how results were achieved.
Exceeds Expectations - Consistently exceeds majority of expectations. May be role model in several areas.
Strong Performer - Consistently meets all expectations. May exceed expectations in focused areas.
Growth Needed in Some Areas - Meets expectations in most areas. Development needed in some areas.
Improvement Required - Does not meet expectations