S.M.A.R.T. Goals Checklist and Questionnaire
Below are some questions that may help as you develop your S.M.A.R.T. goals. Check the ones that apply to your goal.
- Does the goal focus on a particular area?
- Is the goal written simply and clearly so that it is easily understood?
- Does it tell me what, how or why the goal will be accomplished?
- Can progress or the final result be measured?
- Is the unit of measurement identified?
- Does this goal relate to my job description or my competencies?
- Does it support the University?
- Have I (or others) tried before to accomplish this goal?
- If so and failed, can it be accomplished now?
- If not, are there known obstacles?
- Does the goal have a timeline?
- Can progress be monitored if needed?
- Does the goal have a deadline by which it must be completed?