Step 2. Online Recruitment Module Training
As part of the process to fill a vacant position the hiring manager is required to complete the online recruitment module training. In addition, it is recommended the search committee complete the online training. The modules are designed to outline important information about our recruitment process as well as identify best practices in interviewing and candidate selection. It is recommended you complete the online modules and review the addtional resources below before you start the reviewing application materials.
The modules are Recruiting at Washington and Lee University and Behavioral Interviewing. You may access the modules from the Sakai site at http://go.wlu.edu/learn-hr. Click on the tab near the top of the page labeled "Human Resources Site." Both modules are found under the Recruiting at Washington and Lee tab.
1. Recruiting at Washington and Lee - This course is an overview of the policies and procedures in place for recruitment of faculty and staff at Washington & Lee University and may be required for hiring managers, search committee members, and others involved in the recruitment process.
2. Behavioral Interviewing - Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Use competencies to develop behavioral-based questions.
- Recognize the characteristics of and effectively develop behavioral-based questions.
- Explore useful techniques for reviewing resumes.
- Identify the elements to look for in candidates' answers to behavioral-based questions.
- Follow a structured method for evaluating candidates objectively.
You will be prompted to print out the Quiz results at the end of the training, which you can then submit to HR as proof of completion.
Additional resources to review:
This policy provides the objectives, rationale and procedures for hiring of non-faculty staff. It attempts to ensure that the university can attract an effective and representative labor force as expeditiously as possible. These procedures are designed to support a formal review of vacant positions, consistency to hiring procedures, and fairness to applicants.
Interviewing Skills and Tips