Step 1. Begin the Hiring Process
Approvals, Job Description and Creating Posting
- Review the Recruitment Policy for Non-Faculty Positions
This policy provides the objectives, rationale and procedures for hiring of non-faculty staff. It attempts to ensure that the university can attract an effective and representative labor force as expeditiously as possible. These procedures are designed to support a formal review of vacant positions, consistency to hiring procedures, and fairness to applicants.
- If refilling a current position, review/edit the job description in the PATH job description module. Approve to submit to Jodi Williams, email@example.com, Executive Director of Budgets and Compensation.
- If a new position, use the Job Description Template to create the description and email to Jodi Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org, Executive Director of Budgets and Compensation, to review.
- Simultaneous to the step above, request approval to fill the position by contacting the appropriate vice-president or dean. The vice-president or dean will obtain approval from the Provost and Vice President for Finance/Treasurer. You will be notified once the position has been approved. This will allow you to proceed with the online posting.
- To create the online posting, login to the online applicant tracking system at go.wlu.edu/interfolio, use the job description that has been approved by the Executive Director of Budgets and Compensation within the PATH job description module to create the posting. Submit the job posting for final review and approval by Human Resources for posting to the website. All postings remain active on the jobs website for a minimum of five days. For assistance using Interfolio, contact Sherry Wright, Associate Director for Workforce Development, email@example.com, ext. 8252.
- Contact Sherry Wright, Associate Director for Workforce Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 8252. to discuss advertising the position.
- Search committees are not required (but recommended) for non-exempt (hourly) positions. Search committees are normally required for exempt positions. Human Resources representatives are available to serve on the search committee.
- It is the hiring managers' responsibility to contact the Sherry Wright, Associate Director for Workforce Development, weekly during the search to provide an update on the status - otherwise candidates will be referred to you for updates.