Employment Information for New Employees
Below is information on employment and the associated paperwork necessary to be placed on payroll. The employment forms and required actions listed below must be completed by your first day of employment. If you are unable to access the documents below, or you need them mailed to you, please contact Human Resources at (540) 458-8920.
Required Employment Forms
Please complete, sign and fax the following forms to (540) 458-8060 or mail to Human Resources, Washington and Lee University, 204 W. Washington St., Lexington, VA 24450. Do not scan and email because W&L email is not secure.
- Form VA-4 (Virginia State Tax Withholding)
- W-4 (Federal Tax Withholding)
- New Employee Data Collection Form
- If you are interested in direct deposit, contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org once you receive your W&L login credentials.
It is expected that you read and comply with all policies and procedures found in the Employee Handbook, and Code Of Policies. Faculty should also read the supplemental Faculty handbook. Copies are available from Human Resources. After reviewing the Employee Handbook, please print, sign and return the Acknowledgement of Receipt of Handbook found on page 2 of the Employee Handbook.
- Employee Handbook, Faculty Handbook and Code of Policies (faculty handbook accessible after you receive your W&L login credentials)
- Workplace Harassment Prevention - 60 minute online course
- Parking Pass
- University Card
- Generals Alert System
- Interactive phish quiz. By completing this interactive quiz you'll learn how to identify phishing attempts that aim to trick you into divulging your W&L account credentials and other personal information. W&L employees who respond to phishing attempts cost the University hundreds of hours of lost employee time annually. Other consequences can include financial loss and identity theft.
Live Well W&L Wellness Program
Washington and Lee University offers comprehensive wellness benefits to employees, spouses and partners. Benefits include an opportunity to earn a health insurance premium discount for engaging in wellness activities that you may already be doing. On campus programs, including wellness screenings and flu shots, begin in September. Look for a welcome email from Live Well W&L within 10 days of your employment start date. This email will contain instructions for creating your wellness account. In the meantime, please visit the Live Well W&L webpage listed below. Contact Anne Remington, work-life coordinator, at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
Campus Tour - contact the Admissions Office, ext. 8710, to join one of the student led tours
Domestic Partner Benefits
Dual Career Resources
Information on Time Off, Leaves and Disability Accommodations
Map of the W&L campus
Other Benefits and Perks
TIAA and Fidelity Investment Consultants Schedule of on-site visits
University Policies and Guidelines
WebAdvisor - accessible after you receive your W&L login credentials
HR Contact Information
HR Organizational Chart
For Benefit Information Contact Kim Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-458-8921
For questions related to employment and employment forms contact:
Sherry Wright, email@example.com, 540-458-8252
Office of Human Resources fax phone number: 540-458-8060