- Online: Aetna
- Phone: 888-862-0171
- W&L 2018-19 Multi-Benefits Enrollment Form (for new employees)
- Aetna Enrollment/Change Request Form
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery Order Form
Washington and Lee University is pleased to offer medical insurance through Aetna. Employees can choose between two plans. The plans offer in-network and out-of-network benefits. Coverage levels in the plan are higher when you use in-network providers. Please read the details of the plans carefully to understand the benefits provided.
The premiums listed below are applicable no matter which Aetna plan you choose. The University pays 75% of the cost of the plan as indicated below.
|Medical/Prescription Drug Plan Rates 2018-19
|Employee Only||University Pays||$481.14||$240.57|
|Employee + 1||University Pays||$1,082.53||$541.26|
- University Subsidy Availability: The University offers to subsidize the cost so that benefit-eligible employees need not pay more than 10% of family income for health insurance premiums. Please contact Human Resources for more information and to determine whether you qualify. Discounts are also available for employees who participate in the University's wellness program.
- Wellness Program Participation Discount: See the Benefits Guidebook for details.
- Premium Assistance Under Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIPRA): Click here for more details.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS II - Carilion
- Aetna Premier Plus Plan Step Therapy Drug List
- Aetna Premier Plus Plan Specialty Drug List
- Aetna Premier Plus Plan Preventive Care Drug List
- Aetna Precertification Drug List
- Aetna Preventive Care Drug List
- Aetna HCR Preventative Drug List
- Aetna Preventive Services
- Aetna Preventive Services for Women
The Aetna plans contain some vision coverage. Click on the summaries above for details.
Prescription Drug Coverage
The Aetna plans contain prescription drug coverage as evidenced in the summaries above.
- Full-time and part-time benefit-eligible employees.
- Spouses, dependents through the end of the month in which they turn age 26, and/or eligible domestic partners. Dependents are identified by W&L as your naturally born and/or adopted children, step children or other dependents for whom you are the legal guardian. Coverage is available regardless of their student, marital or tax dependent status and regardless of their access to another employer sponsored group plan. Benefits for non-IRS dependents may be taxable to the employee. Employees should notify HR when this occurs.
Employees may select either an Individual membership, a membership for self and one legal dependent, or a Family membership.
When Coverage Begins
Coverage may begin on the first day of employment.
Timely Enrollment is Necessary
Health insurance coverage is not automatic if the employee does not enroll him/herself, and/or dependents, within 31 days of the employee's eligibility for insurance. Thereafter, coverage may be added only during open enrollment periods (typically held in May with coverage to be effective July 1), or if an employee loses other coverage. A change in dependent coverage may be made only during the open enrollment period, or if there is a change in the employee's status (marriage, divorce, death of a spouse or child, birth or adoption of a child, and changes in the employment status or benefit eligibility of a spouse).