Call for Proposals Submit a proposal to lead or join a discussion panel, or present a paper on one of the varied topics.
Colloquium on New Frontiers in Global Education
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
Washington and Lee University invites submissions for panels and presentations at a colloquium to be held Friday-Saturday, March 23-24, 2018 at the Ruscio Center for Global Learning.
The Colloquium will address challenges and opportunities in global education from a host of perspectives including:
· Reconciling liberal education with global education in an increasingly “illiberal world”
· Embracing pedagogical differences across cultures and technologies
· Understanding international student perspectives on study abroad in the USA
· Tackling the gender and economic class gap in study abroad
· Teaching Global Skills in an era of quickening and broadening technological change
· Clarifying the scope and definition of “global competence” and incorporating it into our teaching
We invite panel or paper/presentation proposals on these or similar topics. We also encourage participants to bring students who may wish to participate or attend. Washington and Lee will cover the cost of one night’s lodging and the cost of meals for panelists and presenters.
The conference begins with Friday afternoon panels followed by a dinner plenary presentation and discussion. There will be three Saturday morning panels, a plenary lunch presentation and discussion, and a closing panel Saturday afternoon.
For more information contact Mark Rush, Director, Center for International Education (email@example.com) or Dick Kuettner, Director, Global Discovery Laboratories (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submitting proposals has passed.
The deadline for submitting proposals is: DECEMBER 18, 2017