The Parents Fund
The Parents Leadership Council
The Parents Leadership Council Circle and Steering Committee lead the way in parent giving. These generous families from across the country make impactful leadership gifts to the Parents Fund. Each year W&L recruits Steering Committee members from each class who serve as philanthropic ambassadors and advisors.
Members of the PLC Circle and Steering Committee have opportunities to become more deeply engaged with W&L and to interact more closely with W&L's senior administration to get an insider's look at the school, all while forming friendships and bonds with fellow parents that often lead to wonderful networking opportunities for parents and students.
The Parents Fund depends on outreach to achieve our annual fundraising goals. The role that PLC Circle and Steering Committee members play in encouraging fellow parents to give simply cannot be matched. Sharing personal motivations for supporting the Parents Fund inspires others to follow these examples of leadership. These generous families are instrumental in creating a sense of community among W&L parents in their local areas.
PLC Circle and Steering Committee members are asked to:
- Support the Parents Fund with a gift of $25,000 or more for PLC Circle, or $10,000 or more for PLC Steering Committee
- Help identify and recommend new PLC members
- Encourage other families to join the PLC or become Steering Committee members
- Advise the Director of Parent Giving to help make the Parents Leadership Council as effective and enjoyable as possible
- Share ideas for raising awareness and enthusiasm for the Parents Fund
When possible, Steering Committee members will also:
- Attend the PLC Reception and The President's Society Breakfast during fall Parents and Family Weekend
- Network with new families during events to encourage participation and giving
- Participate in a fun and informative PLC Spring Weekend each year
- Host or attend regional events for potential Washington and Lee students and families - especially New Family Welcome Receptions that occur in communities throughout the country in June of each year
- Make Welcome Calls to the families of incoming students and answer their questions before their students arrive on campus