This Spring is the time to come back and celebrate with classmates, reunite with old friends and reconnect with Washington and Lee today. During Alumni Weekend, W&L will celebrate the gift that your class makes in honor of its reunion!
Honoring Important Milestones
A great way to commemorate your reunion milestone is to participate in your class's gift effort by making a contribution to the Annual Fund. Class gifts are a way that alumni express their gratitude for the education they received and reinvest in their alma mater so current and future students also will receive a great education. Volunteers from the reunion classes help raise the class gift during the months leading up to Alumni Weekend. Class gifts support the Annual Fund. For the 25th and 50th reunion classes, the class gifts also support one or a few high priorities of the University that are particularly meaningful to these classes.
Reunion trophies recognize the volunteers and classes whose giving efforts are outstanding in a variety of ways.
- Reunion Giving accounts for approximately 65 percent of the total given by undergraduate alumni annually.
- Almost 40 percent of reunion donors make a five year pledge to the Annual Fund.
- More than $42 million has been committed to the Annual Fund from reunion alumni over the past ten years.
- Reunion gift totals for each class (except the 25th and 50th reunions) reflect the total amount committed to the Annual Fund in the current year and the next four fiscal years.
- Multi-year reunion pledges can be made through W&L's online reunion pledge form.