Check back for more of our 2017-2018 events!
- Mon February 5: Mark Brandon, Professor, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University. 5:30pm in A218. Open to the public.
- Fri March 23: Environmental Careers Panel featuring Geology and Environmental Studies alumni.
- Tues March 27: Clara Chan, Associate Professor of Geological Sciences, University of Delaware, and Mineralogical Society of America Distinguished Lecturer. 5:30pm. Open to the public.
- Fri March 30: Thesis presentations. Open to the public.
- Tues April 3: Katie Cramer, Postdoctoral Scholar, Geosciences Research Division, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, UC San Diego. 5:30pm. Open to the public
- Sun Sept 17: Deadline to apply for Energy and the Environment Career Trip to DC over Reading Days. Stops will include visiting alums at NOAA, Advanced Resources International, FTI Consulting, HOAR construction, and Uber. Additional stops may include and energy trading/investment firm, the EPA, and Conservation International. Visit LexLink for more details and to apply (job ID 5996).
Sept 22-23: Geology Alumni Reunion. Current geology majors welcome; please RSVP to Sarah Wilson email@example.com.
- Thurs Sept 28: Greg Buppert, Sr Attorney, Southern Environmental Law Center, Lead Attorney in the Center's case against the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. He will be reviewing the issue, what the current status is, and where it is going from here. Sponsored by the Environmental Studies Program. 6:00pm in Hillel 101.
- Reading Days: Energy and the Environment Career Trip to DC. Stops will include visiting alums at NOAA, Advanced Resources International, FTI Consulting, HOAR construction, and Uber. Additional stops may include and energy trading/investment firm, the EPA, and Conservation International. Visit LexLink for more details and to apply (job ID 5996).
- Fri Oct 27: Geology Department Informal! Time for majors, non-majors interested in geology, faculty and staff to enjoy chat and snacks -- and a geo department fun activity surprise . . . 3:30-4:30 in G22.
- Fri Nov 3: Come join geology alums Jamie Small '81 and Ray Welder '91 for informal chat and snacks. Both Jamie and Ray are in the oil industry in Texas, with Icon Petroleum and Welder Exploration, respectively. 3:30-4:30 in A218.
- Fri Nov 10: Dr. Aili Wang, Coordinator of the Water INTERface Interdisciplinary Graduate Education Program (Virginia Tech) will be leading a Recruitment Seminar. 3:00-4:00pm in G14. Refreshments at 2:40pm.
- Tues Nov 14: Piotr Krzywiec, Professor, Institute of Geological Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, will present "Geology in Central Europe -- How it all started: The Early (XVI--XVIII Cent.) Development of Earth Sciences in Central Europe." 5:30pm in A214. Pizza will be provided. Open to the public.
- Fri Dec 1: Geology's summer research and internships opportunities presentation will be from 3:30-4:30pm. This is a MANDATORY MEETING for non-senior geology majors. Non-majors are very welcome too. A218.
- Mon Dec 4: Study break! Come de-stress with good food, dogs, puzzles, and more. Sponsored by Geology, Environmental Studies, and SEAL. 3:00-5:00pm in the Great Hall. Hope to see you there -- come for a few minutes or stay the whole time!