International Education Committee 2017-2018
International Education Committee reports to the Provost and comprises 15 individuals, with eight members appointed by the Provost and seven ex officio members. The Provost appoints six undergraduate faculty members (four from The College, including one from the departments teaching modern foreign languages, and two from the Williams School) and two undergraduate students recommended by the Student EC (including one international student recommended by SAIL). The ex officio members are: Associate Dean of The College, Associate Dean of the Williams School, University Registrar, and from the Center for International Education, the Director, Associate Director, Study Abroad Adviser, and Program Coordinator. The committee's responsibilities include working with the Director of International Education; coordinating and consulting on matters of mutual interest; and providing a faculty voice and general oversight on matters pertaining to study abroad and other international education issues as brought up by the Director, the Deans, and the Provost. Academic and policy recommendations will be sent to the faculty and/or administration through the usual process on:
- academic matters pertaining to study abroad, including spring-term abroad
- new program initiatives and development
- general policy issues including financial considerations, safety and liability issues, credit transfer, etc.
- curricular and extra-curricular issues intrinsic to international education
- Student Association for International Learning (SAIL)
- international-student concerns
Please direct all questions to EC Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org.