The Production Club provides sound, recording, and lighting services of professional quality at very reasonable prices
and provides experience for students in live sound reinforcement, stage lighting, event management and business management.
Contact: Adit Ahmed '20
The Washington & Lee Production Club has been active on campus for a number of years. Most recently, though, after a few years of mismanagement, the club was reorganized. This reorganization began at the end of the 2013-2014 academic year and has continued into the 2014-2015 year. During the 2014-2015 academic year, the club ran sound and lights for a huge variety of school & social events. These included the Equality Gala, the Multicultural Greek Association Ball, Afroman, Spring Awakening at Lime Kiln, and much more.
Most notably, perhaps, is that the club has taken over the management of the free sound equipment that was originally offered by the school radio station, 91.5. In doing this, the club took a large burden off of the radio station, while still providing the free sound equipment that has been beneficial to a huge number of organizations at W&L (the group has had over 40 reservations this year).
1. To provide sound, recording, and lighting services of professional quality at very reasonable prices
2. To provide experience for students in live sound reinforcement, stage lighting, event management and business management
Requirements for Membership:
Anyone is able to be a part of the Washington & Lee Production Club as long as they have a passion for live sound and production. New members will first be taken along to help with gigs that the club is providing sound for and will assist a more experienced member in setting up and running the event in order to gain experience. Once it has been deemed that the new member has enough experience, they will be allowed to run events on his or her own.
Value of the Organization:
The Washington & Lee Production Club's value to the campus is twofold. First, the club provides students with an avenue through which they can learn how run sound on a professional level. Furthermore, members are able to earn money for their work from the money that is earned by the club for running large-scale events.
Furthermore, the club provides high quality, professional sound & lighting at a very reasonable cost to the community. We take special care to make sure that we charge student groups a fair price in order to run sound at their events.
Organization of Leadership:
The leadership of the W&L Production Club includes the following members. Elections for President will take place at the end of each academic year. Other positions are hired by application.
1. Oversees vice presidents
2. Books and approves gigs & contracts
3. Arranges for individuals to run sound at events
VP of Finance -
1. Oversees club funds & finances
2. Handles payouts to members and sub-contractors
3. Approves all club spending
VP of Management -
1. Handles all booking and scheduling of free WLUR equipment
2. Keeps track of all club equipment
3. Assists at gigs and arranges transportation to and from for members and for gear
VP of Sales & Marketing -
1. Works to arrange paying gigs for the club
2. Contacts potential clients to inform them of our services
3. Manages a small sales team that works to sell services to potential buyers.