Hometown: Nashville, TN
Majors: English and Politics
Minor: Education Policy
- Peer Counseling
- Mock Convention (Web Chair, Speakers Committee Consultant, Stage Manager)
- Omicron Delta Kappa (President)
- Reformed University Fellowship (Ministry Team)
- Presidential Fellow for the Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress
- Courses & Degrees Committee
- Work Study for Professor Connelly
- Student Teaching and Tutoring
- Chi Omega Fraternity
- Semester at Worcester College in Oxford, England
- Spring Term with Professor Conner in Ireland
- Washington Term with Professor Connelly in D.C.
Post-Graduation Plans: Masters of Education or Teaching
Favorite W&L Memory: Singing along to "Proud to be an American" on headset in the wings of Mock Convention with my Assistant Stage Manager Ford Carson.
Favorite Lexington Landmark: The Bookery is my happy place.
What's something people wouldn't guess about you? I love rap. It started with memorizing all the raps in Beyoncé songs and just expanded from there.
What professor has inspired you? Too many to name just one — Conner, Bent, Brown, Connelly, both Picketts, Gertz, Greer, Morel and others along the way.
Advice for prospective or first-year students? When you first get to campus, you will look around and see all these smart, successful people, and you will think, "Wow; everyone is so together. I better pretend I have it all together, too." Let me assure you: everyone does not have it together. We are all struggling inside with doubt, insecurity, and fear. Do not let your fear stop you from being vulnerable. You are not alone. The sooner you tell someone you are homesick or hurting or down, the sooner you will get to hear them say, "Me, too."
What do you wish you'd known before you came to campus? Throughout my life, I have been a lover of language and literature. I knew I wanted to be an English major before I set foot on Washington and Lee's campus, and though others have questioned the value of that degree, I never have. In fact, I believe that majoring in English has shaped the woman and the leader I have become.